Friday, August 12, 2011

Sometimes I come here just so I don't feel alone- how about you?

I always come here to feel less alone, because I usally feel extremely alone. I suffer from depression, and find it hard to stay happy. Sometimes I feel like the only time people really notice is when I have a gun to my head, apart from that I may as well be invisible. I think mental illnesses are a lot harder! To be physically ill and happy, is much easier to deal with. Being mentally ill is a big struggle though. I totally agree with you on the less empathy part, I went to hospital for attempted suicide, and because I wasn't physically ill they didn't treat is as such a big deal. They took my blood pressure, and asked if I was hungry. I just thought, what does this have to do with anything? Sure I'm not physically unwell, but that doesn't mean I'm okay. I think society treats the mentally ill poorly. People just don't understand. Sadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment