Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Going on Ciprolex How Does This Med Make You Feel?

My psychiatrist just put me on Cipralex to aid with the Welbutrin that I am taking. I have had depressive episodes for a very long time, and little seems to work. I have felt very suicidal from time to time and tried to run in front of a bus a few weeks ago. It seems that in some ways Wellbutrin is making me do stuff I never would have before. In some ways I definitely feel more confident however the depression is still very strong. I am also on a relatively low dose of Serroquel. One of my fears is that I may be bipolar and that a second antidepressant might make me go manic. However my obsessive paranoid thoughts could also be a result of anxiety and ocd. I have always been a very inwardly focused person and am not really impulsive excepts for the desire to kill myself. In the past I was also on celexa which seemed to make me want to get out and run etc. It seemed almost too activating or something. Wellbutrin on the other hand which I am on now also had a similar effect but did not seem so intensely activating. However it does make me want to be more honest with myself and take care of my health. I also feel more of a social drive. However with my terrible anxiety I have not been able to put that into practice. Will Cipralex aid in the anxiety at all. Or will it just make me more jumpy? I guess she seems to think it will make me more outwardly focused to get a job etc. But I am not really sure I want another stimulant in my system. However at the same time maybe it will relax me it is so weird, proves how little I know. I know how people complain about emotional blunting etc but with me I kind of feel I need something to flatten me and make me more mellow. However Ciprolex is a stimulant so wouldn't it make me more obsessive? Or will it make me mellow yet outgoing and wanting to do things at the same time instead of wallowing in pity?

No comments:

Post a Comment