Thursday, August 4, 2011

What do you do when your partner is stressed and wants to wallow rather than get help?

My partner has been stressed for weeks about money/job issues. When he's stressed, we both suffer. He's been in this low mood for weeks, where he's been criticising everything I do, picking fights, and we haven't been intimate for 6 weeks. I've been patient and understanding, but it's driving me insane. It's almost like he's the only one entitled to be stressed. He's been so tense and had a sore neck/headaches, I offered to give him a massage, he said no. Yet he keeps complaining about how sore he is. He just lays on the couch and stares at The wall. He's been depressed before, but he was still affectionate and thoughtful. Last week, I bought up the fact that we hadn't slept together for weeks, and he said he's been under a lot of stress in that time. Then on the weekend, he got drunk and said all I care about is sex, which isn't true! I waited over a month before bringing it up! I really don't know what to do. I'm trying to be sensitive to his needs, but he doesn't seem to care about mine. I even helped him out with rent because he was going to get kicked out. Any one else been in the same situation as me or him? Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment