Saturday, August 6, 2011

My boyfriend just left me; and I'm too sick to leave my house?

I had the exact same situation. My ex broke up with me on new years of all times for one, it sucked more because I'm military so I was also away from family and alone. But on top of it I was also really sick with something medical couldn't really figure out. They just kept putting me sick in quarters. Basically days off. But I understand. I was alone and couldn't do anything. I called my parents a lot and talked to friends from work. I watched lots of movies that were as far from relationship related as possible and listened to music that I knew would cheer me up a bit. I also did a lot of sleeping and focused on getting better though it wasn't easy. When I was finally able to start going out I got some books. He's Just not That Into You was good. I also called up a good friend that took me out and helped keep my mind off things whenever I needed. A break up buddy I believe its called. Worked quite well. Write an upset letter to your ex that you won't send. It helps get the feelings out. Make a list of the bad things from the relationship so you have reminders whenever you start missing him. You can look back and say no that was bad I'm better without it. Whatever helps. Just try to stay positive and get better. Focus on yourself, spoil yourself. Things will get better I promise you, it just takes time. Best thing to do is reach out to friends and family. They'll help you. Good luck, get well soon. Things won't be bad forever, you just gotta remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment